Monday, May 7, 2012

Pretty... pretty... pretty good.

Just a photographic update on my garden/gardening progression.  Let's take a walk...

My little "growshelf" 

I am so happy with how hardy the pumpkin is!

Kicking arse!

Peppers




I started another tray last week: Rainbow Mix and Wizard Mix coleus, lobelia, foxglove (my 2nd go), sweet banana peppers, Sugar Baby watermelon, red onion and Bells of Ireland.  The heavy seed you see here is the foxglove.  I may have over done it, but I'm pretty sure I saw growth this morning, so we'll see how this goes.  


Newest tray 
Here you see 2 of the 46 Eskimo marigolds that I decided to try and start inside.  I'm wondering why the bulk of these haven't grown...
Eskimo marigolds again.

Roman chamomile!


Hidcote lavender


Mammoth sunflowers lookin' all tall already!

Iris


My raised beds in place and waiting to be filled.


PEACHES!


Comfrey



Blue Crop blueberries


Sparta blueberries


Peony


I have about 6 more of these (sweet pea) that I'm getting ready to plant around my compost bin.  Thoughts?  Good idea?  

Awww...

A couple hot days and some rain, and BAM!

Echinacea

Lily of the Valley


Bigroot Cranesbill (Geranium)


Garden beans






Onion

My rhubarb is growing!

Radish


Yellow Pear tomato

Squash (zucchini and yellow crookneck)

Yellow Crookneck squash

Blueray blueberry coming back (Lex said "next to the cigar.")

Roses


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and healthy garden! So much to look forward to in the months to come. I'm a new follower here, also fellow mommy, trying to reinvent, while remembering who I was before kids, what a journey! Cheers Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julia! Love the rainboots! I'm so looking forward to this summer. I have a feeling our early spring was a great start. :)

    ReplyDelete